Thursday, March 3, 2011

Peking Dynasty



The Peking Dynasty is a Chinese Restaurant and Sushi Bar located on the East side of Columbus. It is in a stand alone building off of Livingston Avenue and doesn't quite seem to fit in to the local neighborhood. Walking inside you can see why.
When you first walk in you notice the full wrap around bar with the flat screen television. There is a full liquor assortment. Looking a bit closer (not in this picture) there is a full custom sushi bar at the head of the bar. Every piece of sushi served is made to order.

The dining room is large and filled with Chinese 'relics'. There are many overhead fixtures and murals. The large Buddha greets you at the front door. While the egg rolls and Wonton soup are nothing to write home about, the Sushi and the main dishes are spectacular.
The pork chow mein is a bit different than I was used to as the noodles are home made and not the normal crispy sticks. The pork is plentiful and cooked perfectly. The scallions try to give the otherwise boring vegetable combo some color.


I've never had so much chicken in my General Tso before. Lightly breaded with a nice heat. Served over white rice, this meal sticks to the ribs.



The Dragon and Phoenix is what it's all about. Lightly sauteed broccoli, carrots, peapods, and water chestnuts bed down succulent pieces of chicken and giant shrimp that absolutly POP. All served with a light chicken stock. Even the take out is fantastic!.




I called in my order off of the giant menu and had to ask what was what over the phone. I was at least skeptical until I arrived to pick up my food. I saw the interior and met 'John' the owner and knew I was about to enjoy some fine Chinese dining. I got home and we turned all of our dinners into a sampler platter of sorts. As we bit into the egg rolls we looked at each other with disappointment as they tasted like deep fried sawdust. Our disappointment was forgotten as soon as we tasted the entrees. Every bite was better than the last. Within seconds we had completely forgotten about the egg rolls and were forcing food on each other with chopsticks filled with tender pork, juicy chicken and some of the best shrimp I've had inland. I highly recommend Peking unless you are in the mood for some egg rolls.
Peking Dynasty is located at:
2210 E Livingston Ave
Bexley, Ohio 43209
614 238 9288

No comments:

Post a Comment