Saturday, March 26, 2011

GRAFFITI BURGER

 

GB 1sign

Graffiti burgers is yet another in the burger up shoots popping up all over Columbus.  They have a great premise and the insides keep you feeling like you are supporting local business but overall Graffiti Burger just bites.

GB wallGB wall sign

Here is some of the ‘art’ that covers the walls.  It is excellently done graffiti by local taggers that represents Columbus as a whole and a few things that set each store apart from one another with things such as local high school mascots and landmarks.

 

GB

The burgers look and smell fantastic yet take a while to prepare no matter how busy they are.  As with most of these ‘gourmet’ burger joints, the fries are sold separate.  Once I received my burger I saw that it was a good sized thick burger.  The toppings were plentiful and I know why.  That was all that I tasted.  The burger is so low fat that all of the fat..I mean flavor is cooked out on the grill so I ended up with a hot thick chewy sandwich that tasted like mustard, pickles, onions and pepper jack with something in the middle that was just missing. 

GB menu

There is a great menu with loads of ‘free’ toppings.  The price is similar to the other competitors in this market but the flavor lacks.  Fantastic fries and shakes however.  If you are in the mood for some fresh cut french fries this would be at the top of the list.

GB patio

There is outdoor dining for Grandview people watching.

Overall I think I might have got too excited for Graffiti Burger.  All of my friends had been drooling over it for weeks and I may have set the bar too high.  I will give them another chance (just because the fries were sooo good).  I think I finally found a burger joint that is afraid of having fatty burgers without realizing that is what makes a burger delicious…more to follow when I return.

 

Graffiti Burger

Multiple Locations

We chose Grandview on 5th.

1505 West 5th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212-2403
(614) 488-3665

www.graffitiburger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment